Friday, June 07, 2013

Ochenta y Tres



My very first platonic relationship with a guy was when I was 11 years old.

[[ The importance of the platonic relationships in my life has made a huge difference in it. I strongly believed that men and women could be friends without any of them being attracted to the other one. This concept has been put to the test a couple of times now, but I totally swore by it ]]

I was used to be bullied. Being chubby, having glasses, being the top of the class, it is obvious I was an easy target. So boys weren't that nice to me, except this boy. Im still friends with him today. I remember we used to talk and laugh, and the other boys always were teasing me up, trying to make me confess that I loved him. And I remember thinking: " I swear I dont like him! He is my best friend! "

Of course, I was head-over-heels with the handsome guy from the classroom. Also a nice boy that was really nice to me one day and after that, I was in love. [[ we tend to fall in love with the ones that pay attention to us ]]  

But it is only now that I think that maybe my friend had a crush on me. And maybe I friend-zoned him. And that is how, my love life has been until today: a vicious circle of me friendzoning guys I never realized were in love with me, and being friendzoned by guys I liked and that would, eventually, regret the zone where they put me. 



Yes. My life has been a mess.


No comments: